April 28, 2016

Disney Recap


Disney World is magical. Truly. I hadn't been since 2004, and I think they've done a great job making it even more magical. Amazing.

Our trip was a smashing success. It was a tiring rather than a relaxing vacation; but we had a wonderful time, and we all got to do the things we were most excited about. The weather cooperated, only raining once and that was during dinner one night! The sun was hot, but that only made pool-time more fun. It was crowded, but the mornings were nice, and we headed back to the hotel each afternoon to relax (or ride the water slide). It was a great routine; and every day since we got back, when 3 o'clock rolls around, I feel a little sad that I don't get to go sit by a pool with a fruity drink in my hand.

A few of the highlights that I want to be sure to remember:

  1. On the first night, we went to a character buffet for dinner. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto all walked around the restaurant.  When Goofy stopped by, I took a picture with Kevin and my MIL. He pointed to the kids, and I said, "Oh, thanks, but they want to wait for the duck."  Nathan was indeed waiting for Donald Duck, but I obviously offended him, and it became a running joke throughout the trip.  "No thanks, we're going to wait for the duck."  Ha!
  2. That first day at Magic Kingdom, we arrived before the gates opened, and we headed straight for Space Mountain, as planned. The boys were running, and the squeals and laughter of excitement as we ran through the park and got on our first ride (with no line!) was everything. Magic. 
  3. Pool-time was especially nice, because the boys are independent and can swim and ride the water slide by themselves. It was fun for them, and relaxing for us. Perfect.
  4. Epcot was the toughest day - the boys were tired, and there wasn't too much at Epcot that they were excited about. However, our dinner in Italy and the fireworks afterwards made for a very nice evening. 
  5. I had never been to Animal Kingdom before, and I loved it. It's very cool. Getting there first thing and having a Fast Pass to the African Safari made it even cooler. The safari is so impressive, and it definitely exceeded my expectations.
  6. Hollywood Studios = Star Wars. Star Tours, pictures with Kylo Ren, a Star Wars stage show, and Jedi training. We ate lunch at the Sci-Fi Drive-In restaurant, rode Toy Story Mania and the Tower of Terror too, but when we think about Hollywood Studios, we will remember Star Wars.  
  7. We capped off our Hollywood Studios day by watching The Force Awakens on the beach at our resort.  Nice.
  8. Splash Mountain = the consensus favorite ride of the family. 

I probably won't ever be able to drag Kevin there again, but this trip was worth it, and we definitely made memories that will last a lifetime. 


Seriously, the African safari was amazing!

Jedi training was really, really cool.

Watching Star Wars while sitting on a beach is not a bad way to spend an evening.

Pool-time

The happiest place on Earth

1 comment:

  1. Hey you!! Loved reading this: you love Disney as much as me!! And I wanted to just say that I laughed outlaid about your comment on 'rounders'!! What the hell is rounders??? Hilarious. It is like baseball for for girls. Never considered before that you don't play it there!!! L x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...